Welcome to Big Bend National Park’s Fossil Discovery Exhibit!
- WHERE: 8 miles north of Panther Junction on the road to Persimmon Gap (Highway 385).
- WHEN: Open daily from dawn to dusk.
- WHAT: The Fossil Discovery Exhibit is an interpretive exhibit that displays Big Bend’s 130 million years of paleontological history from the time of the dinosaurs through the rise of the mammals.
- There is no drinking water available at the exhibit location so please bring plenty of water when you visit.
- A single-stall, vault toilet
- Kid’s area (“The Boneyard”)
Life-size cut-out of Deinosuchus
- Picnic area
Two picnic tables
- The exhibit, picnic area, and parking lot are handicap accessible.
- Large print handouts are available at the Panther Junction Visitor's Center.